Sunday 28 June 2015

Rainbow Duster!




The folks at Ang InK and Adarna were very kind indeed to let me join their show this year which I understand was meant to mark their 35th anniversary ~ what they did was pick out 35 books and have them switch illustrators around to make alternative covers. The book that was assigned to me was about this town that was all dusty and grey, until a painter came along and cleaned it up and gave it a paint job ^_^ 

I was in the middle of working on some *serious*, comparatively drab-coloured stuff when I worked on this so, it was rather nice to take a break from all that and *loosen up a little*. I admit I wasn't quite sure of what I was doing; I knew only that I wanted to do something that had something to do with arnis and for one of the sticks to be a rainbow duster. I don't own a rainbow duster but I've always wanted to have one, and I don't know why arnis; I think it had something to do with my vague idea that the painter who came to the town was some sort of dust-busting, drab colour-fighting superhero, and that the cover would very loosely echo a comic book cover. Plus the fact that my youngest brother is an arnis super Amadeus, has a goatee, and always carries his sticks around on his back like that ^_^

My warmest thanks go out to Adarna and InK for having me at this wonderful show, and to my family and friends (who -are- family) who came out to see it. Thank you to Miss dela Rosa for creating this delightful book, and to God for allowing me to complete this cover in spite of well, everything. Pity the show won't be up for very long; I understand it's only going to be up until the 30th ~ so if you're ever in this neck of the woods I highly recommend you come out and see it while you can, because everyone else's work in this show is AMAZING. 

Hope to have something nice n new to post here again soon (around September, to be precise) and on my online folio at jill-arwen-posadas.weebly.com. Wish me luck, or better yet, pray for me ^_^;



No comments:

Post a Comment