Tuesday 11 April 2017

It's okay, I make lamb.




So the theme this year was... "ultimate sacrifice", I think. Let me check... so sorry, it was "Lamb of God". (Close!) I wanted to follow in the footsteps of... Rembrandt and Caravaggio and paint Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac (the Akedah ("the binding of Isaac") ~ or well not really, was just aware of the fact of this being a favourite subject of the old masters ^^ ("Will I ever be as great as the old masters?" ^____^)

Things are twice (thrice, quadruply, quintuply) as hectic as they've ever been and I've scarce a moment to catch my breath ~ am in between paint and pencils, at the moment on #...7 of 24 (*fights off despair*) so I just thought I would, catch my breath lol ~ most fortunate the gallery being near the house as it is, so I'd just time in between content plans and articles to afk, peep in, take a quick pic and get back to one of a bazillion things the bosses need this week.

I'm going to say blessed, now, instead of fortunate, to have had the support of family and friends in putting this poor half-sheepie on the altar ~ I put him there because, well, that nice man who owns the other gallery? Mr Mark? Had been telling Mom n me about how he took his little girl x how his sister had gone to see this lamb get turned into lamb chop in front of them, because we had just been talking, for some reason, about how the poor things never cry out when they become food, they just cry u_u

So I couldn't help thinking about that ever after (I don't know why, I'm just like that) and that's why we have this poor kid (lamb, rather lol) up on the sticks n rocks. Cos for me "ultimate sacrifice" is giving it all, and wanting to, and not making a big fuss over it or, something.

I don't mean to sound irreverent, so sorry, "I'm a vulgar man. But I assure you, my music is not." (Got some nerve, I know!) But I am grateful, super ~ to God, and Mama Mary and my Guardian Angel and aaall my friend saints for helping me stay up and squeeze this out and in, in time ~ now I can replace last year's sheepie which was still on the front page of my folio ^^;

Thank you ever so kindly to Mr D for having me in this show and for putting sheepie II up in spite of the frame being too big (meow, sorry, super, hardly anything I could do). To Bassints for taking a nice photo (cos we all know jill can't take no photos). To Mom for bringing me to the gallery real quick (and to the framer!) and back.

And to Daylin and Ella for their unwavering support and encouragement. Truly, the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away ~ but He giveth again ~ and again, and again, often in places you're least likely to look. Thank you thank you, Sirens ^_~



No comments:

Post a Comment