Wednesday 30 July 2014

Remix


The Elves of Lorien once said that they "put the thought of all that we love into all that we make." I totally believe that and I think that has always been true of my work, but I feel that that's especially true for this particular show. 

I always put a lot of myself into the things I make but I feel like the *bloodletting* for this series has been particularly profuse ^^; (even if it doesn't look it ^o^; ) There's just so much *love* that went into this series, and I mean that the way the elves meant it ~ obviously no one can tell with the zero-resemblance style I've used, but I can say that if you ever really and truly meant anything to me at any particular time of my life, you've been represented (that's not an absolute, but, I think I've crammed in a fair number of you ^^; ) ~ and that goes for, well, a lot of personal stuff, too (not just people, I mean ^^; ). That stuff includes, well, music, obviously ~ for this show is a remix of Loop, which was a thematic and stylistic repeat of Jig ~ but also... well, I did say it was personal ^///^;

Thank You, God ~ this show seemed impossible to complete a lot of the time (okay maybe 99% of the time) and probably only You will ever know... just how impossible. I hope that with all its imperfections, my work should somehow please You more than anyone.

Thank you Dear Mama Mary, Guardian Angel, Saint Luke, Blessed Fra Angelico, Saint Francis de Sales, Saint Charles Borromeo, Saint Catherine of Bologna, Saint Ephrem, Saint Joseph, Saint Maria Goretti, Saint Dominic Savio, Saint Thomas Aquinas, Saint Lawrence, Saint Benedict, Saint Michael the Archangel, Saint John Chrysostom, Saint Aloysius, Saint Alphonsus, Saint Mary Magdalene, Saint Augustine, Saint Jude, Saint Rita, Saint Philomena ~ I needed -that- much help this time!! Thank you!!!

And of course thank you to my family, and my friends ~ you know who you are ~ to Father Onoda and of course thank you times two to Sir Delan and Miss Annette. 

So, I've got a few previews on the home page of my online folio at http://jill-arwen-posadas.weebly.com/ ~

~ and, I hope and pray it won't be -too- long before I can have a show again. I think every show I have is a minor miracle, really, and even though a next show may well take a mega major miracle, well, I mean, miracles -do- happen, right? ^_^; 

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS OMEGA TIME SENCHI!! YOU FREAKIN DID IT!! I KNEW YOU WOULD!!! Congrats on your gallery! I wish I could visit it in person T^T/ !! Your poster looks faantastics!!! OMGGG!! I know FOR SURE if your art gallery was here in America, TONSSS of people would go to it!! Especially in San Francisco, Los Angeles area in California !! So many hipsters will LOVe your art! hahaha

    You did it gf !! I bet everyone will be able to feel the love you pur into your art :D Bc I certainly do !

    ReplyDelete