Monday 21 April 2014

Bubble Wrap Wings



It was my privilege to have been able to participate in this year's Kristo exhibit, for which I painted my niece (yup, same one eating the purple ice cream some posts back ^^) wearing her angel costume with a pair of bubble wrap wings my brother cobbled together ^^; She's meant to be the angel at a Salubong (an Easter tradition we have back here where they dramatise Mama Mary meeting up with Our Risen Lord, and a little angel girl lifts the veil of mourning off of Mama Mary's statue).

Thank you to Sir Delan for letting me join the show, my best friend Cathy for telling me about it (check out Cathy's work at the show, it's very nice indeed ^^), my niece Sofie for forever sitting for me (my work never does her justice), Sofie's mom for letting me paint Sofie ^^, and my sister for lending me her veil and for taking these photos for me. Hopefully I'll be able to include this in my online folio (http://jill-arwen-posadas.weebly.com/) soon, and that this won't be the last time I get to exhibit, well, anything ^^;

1 comment:

  1. The painting of your niece is soooo cute and adorable!!!! *O* I'm loving it!!
    I also wish this won't be your last ~ I love your paintings!

    ReplyDelete